Many may not know this, but the advertising that represents Southwest Louisiana tourism on local, regional and national levels is produced in Sulphur, Louisiana. On Saturday, February 22nd, this work was recognized by the American Advertising Federation's Lake Charles Chapter at the annual American Advertising Awards©. Parker Brand Creative Services—the full-scope advertising agency that produced the work—received a Gold ADDY© Award for their "Spice of Life" print media campaign created for the Southwest Louisiana Convention & Visitors Bureau. Consequently, another project related to this same campaign—the "Spice of LIfe" press kit folder (entered and produced by the Southwest Louisiana Convention & Visitors Bureau) also received a Gold ADDY© Award in its category. At the end of the American Advertising Awards ceremony, Parker Brand Creative Services' "Spice of Life" print media campaign was further honored by receiving the prestegious "Best of Show" ADDY© Award.
"My wife and I are very pleased with the results," says Oran Parker, owner and director at Parker Brand Creative Services. "There were over one hundred entries in the local American Advertising Awards© this year, including work from local agencies and organizations, as well as creative teams from Southeast Texas. There was no shortage of talent sitting in that room, so it was a bit overwhelming to find out that the judges thought our work was in that upper tier. Michelle and I have been very careful about building our creative team, and everyone on that team has worked hard to bring local and regional advertising to a black-label level. You want that to pay off for your clients, but it's also nice to get the recognition from your peers in the advertising industy."
"It's fantastic for our brand to be called out in this way," says Michelle Parker, co-owner and art director at Parker Brand Creative Services. "Great advertising doesn't happen by accident. We think through everything, competing against our own agency. Good enough isn't good enough, and when we believe in a concept we'll stand by it, nuture it, bring it to life and push through until it's the best it can be. This is one of those times when our unique methods of brand building absolutely paid off."
The entire Parker Brand Creative Services team was in attendence, which, according to Oran, was as it should be. "Everyone on our team is integral to the creative process and to our success," says Oran. "We're all cross trained, but each has a specialty, a key role that they play at the brand. There are five of us—I often refer to us as the 'Brand of the Hand'—and we function in unision, each supporting and complementing the other. I know that the entire team is thrilled to be recognized by the local American Advertising Federation."
Besides Oran and Michelle Parker, the creative team at Parker Brand Creative Services includes Chad Blankenbaker who adds photography, video and production skills to his robust design background, Erin Hood who brings sharp-as-a-pin graphic design and creative writing to the team, and Caleb LaFleur who rounds out the group with a background rich in video and animation experience. "Michelle and I started Parker Brand together because we thought we could do better as a husband and wife team than we could working separately; that's it," says Oran, "As word got out that there was a Sulphur, Louisiana agency out there pushing forward, the clients came—good clients—and Michelle and I knew we couldn't—we shouldn't—do this alone. Creative service is in our name and that is what we do; we serve. Putting the right mix of people together, then leading them forward with a solid phiolosophy of creative action, is the key to producing great work for our clients."
In addition to the Gold ADDY© Award and "Best of Show" ADDY© received for the "Spice of Life" campaign produced for the Southwest Louisiana Convention & Visitors Bureau, Parker Brand Creative Services also received and was recognized for the following gold, silver and bronze awards:
- Gold ADDY© Award: LeBleu's Landing Menu Photography (produced for LeBleu's Landing of Sulphur, Louisiana)
- Gold ADDY© Award: LeBleu's Landing Seasonings & Sauces Labels (produced for LeBleu's Landing of Sulphur, Louisiana)
- Gold ADDY© Award: Gator Outfitters Logo (produced for Cajun Outdoor Productions of Louisiana)
- Gold ADDY© Award: Parker Brand Punch (produced for Parker Brand Creative Services)
- Gold ADDY© Award: Restaurant Calla Inaugural Event Photography (produced for Restaurant Calla of Lake Charles, Louisiana)
- Special Judges ADDY© Award for Most Creative Logo: Gator Outfitters Logo (produced for Cajun Outdoor Productions)
- Silver ADDY© Award: Seed Center Presentation Folder (produced for SEED Center Business Incubator of Southwest Louisiana)
- Silver ADDY© Award: Rac-Em-Bac Logo (produced for Rac-Em-Bac, LLC of DeQuincy, Louisiana)
- Silver ADDY© Award: Rac-Em-Bac Bow-Mag National Campaign (produced for Rac-Em-Bac, LLC of DeQuincy, Louisiana)
- Silver ADDY© Award: Protecarb Entrée Packaging (produced for Protecarb of Louisiana)
- Silver ADDY© Award: Christmas With A Cajun Kick Billboard (entered and produced by the Southwest Louisiana Convention & Visitors Bureau)
- Bronze ADDY© Award: ZaZa & Zydeco Event Invitation (produced for the Southwest Louisiana Convention & Visitors Bureau)
- Bronze ADDY© Award: Big Easy Foods Delivery Vehicle Graphics (produced for Big Easy Foods of Louisiana)
- Bronze ADDY© Award: Crave Oil & Vinegar Bottle (produced for Crave Gourmet Baskets & Gifts)
- Bronze ADDY© Award: Lancaster Hematology Oncology Care Logo (produced for Lancaster Hematology Oncology Care of Pennsylvania)
- Bronze ADDY© Award: Southwest Louisiana Boudin Trail Brochure (entered and produced by the Southwest Louisiana Convention & Visitors Bureau)
"It was a great night for our brand and a great night for Sulphur as well," says Oran. "We've worked diligently to build a marketing firm—right here in Sulphur, Louisiana—that can serve the advertising and communication needs of clients located anywhere in the country, but as the only full-service advertising agency in the west-calcasieu area, I'm personally proud that we we're able to bring this kind of positive attention to my home town."
For more information about Parker Brand Creative Services visit www.parkerbrandup.com. For information about the American Advertising Awards visit www.aaf.org, and for information on the American Advertising Federation's Lake Charles chapter visit www.aaflakecharles.com.